Saturday, July 19, 2014

Clean Eating Challenge

I'm not a big calorie counter. When you are eating the rights foods and in good portions there isn't much need to count calories. Always adjust portions by how you feel: Your energy, cravings and hunger. If you are starving in the afternoon then up your carb portions earlier in the day. If you are craving sweets... again up your carb portions in the first part of the day and if you are still craving sweets eat a piece of fruit or have a protein smoothie. This is a good visual for women and portion sizes. 
Eat a lean source of protein, complex carb, veggie and use good sources of fats for each main meal. Eat 2 or 3 snacks including protein throughout the day. (example: apple and almond butter, boiled egg and nuts, guacamole or hummus and veggies)

If you want to start eating clean

*Eat Only whole foods.
*Lots of veggies, lots of lean protein. Some whole grains. Some fruit. Some nuts. Some fats. Some beans.
*Some dairy if desired. (Full fat, raw dairy is best).


If you'd like a printable version of my food list please contact me on my FB

No:
-Refined sugar
-Refined carbs (NO white bread, white rice, white potatoes)
-Processed / pre-packaged food (for the most part -- packaged whole grain pasta, for example, is okay. look at the ingredients list and make sure there are no chemicals, dyes and bad ingredients in the packaging list. 5 ingredients or less is best. If you can't understand what's in the package then don't buy it.)
-Fried food
-Sweets (candy, pastries, cookies, cakes, etc.)
-Soda

Yes:
-VEGGIES (any veggies, and as much as you want. I would limit corn or not eat it at all.)
-Meat (plenty of lean meat like chicken and turkey; lean ground beef and pork)
-Fish
-Fruit
-Whole grains (oatmeal, whole grains, quinoa, gluten free grains are best.)
-Eggs
-Nuts
-Seeds
-Olive oil/coconut oil
-Grass Fed Butter
-Beans are ok
-Dairy in moderation (cheese, milk, yogurt)

Are you ready to eat Clean?? Start making smaller changes at a time if you need to.

Need healthier versions of snacks, protein powder or healthy Meal Replacement options?

Have a lot of weight to lose?
Drink 1 or 2 shakes per day in place of a meal then have a sensible dinner. If you have a lot of weight to lose this is an option to really jump start that weight loss. This Shake has all the nutrients you need in one meal.

You can also opt for this protein powder. Mix in some fruit, spinach, natural almond butter or peanut butter and you have a good meal or snack option that is convenient and ensures that you will get enough protein in the day to build lean muscle and burn fat. Whole foods are always best. I would start with this route if coming up with meal ideas frustrates you. Transition into more whole food options as you get use to your Clean Eating lifestyle. As always make sure you are eating enough. Too little calories can damage your metabolism. There is no quick fix when it comes to getting healthier. These are healthy alternatives that make it more convenient and make for a great snack option or quick meal when you need it! Getting in enough protein is always hard for me so having a protein shake is a great option and helps curb cravings.

Need accountability and fitness ideas? A new HIIT workout is posted everyday here on my blog. Subscribe to my blog by email at the top left so you'll never miss it. Start doing the workout of the day and incorporating these healthy guidelines. Join my next 30 day Challenge beginning August 4th for accountability and fun!


2 Comment Luv:

Burn Belly Fats said...[Reply]

Nice Lovely Post. I would buy my weekly Whole Foods grocery list and then some. On my list so far this week: goji berries, brazil nuts, and organic produce.

Burn Body Fats said...[Reply]

Can I buy the whole store of whole foods? Hahah, I would buy a selection of their snacks like kale chips and snap peas, as I can’t bring myself to buy them full price, but I LOVE them!

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved