Friday, January 10, 2014

Almond Joy Bites!

It's the weekend! My family always wants a treat after dinner and I'm always on the look out of good ideas to make that we will all like and that are healthier. These are super easy, fast and everybody loved them!
Treats are treats, always eat in moderation ;)
                                    
What you need: Dark chocolate chips, unsweetened coconut flakes, raw almonds, sea salt if desired
*"Enjoy" Chocolate Chips- Love these! Can also usually find them at a whole foods store and some grocery stores.
*Unsweetened Coconut Flakes- find these at a whole foods store or sometimes at your local grocery store- I love Tropical Traditions (I also get my coconut oil from them, they often have sales too)
Raw Almonds- the only ingredient should be Almonds, a little added salt is ok. I often get mine in the baking aisle with the other nuts.

                  

Directions:
1)Melt about 1 cup of your dark chocolate chips on stove top, they melt fast, stir consistently until fully melted
2)Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or non stick liner
3)put a small dollop of melted chocolate every couple inches on cookie sheet
4)Add about 3 almonds on top of chocolate
5)put another small dollop on top of almonds and sprinkle with coconut flakes and pinch of salt if desired.
Put cookie sheet in fridge for a few minutes until hardened and Enjoy!!

My kids are begging me to put these in their lunch boxes for next week! :) You can make a bunch and store in an airtight container in the fridge to grab when you are dieing for a treat, just don't eat the whole container...don't say I didn't warn you! ;)

                                           


3 Comment Luv:

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...[Reply]

YUMMINESS! Featuring you at this week's party! Thanks for sharing on Sunday FUNday Ang!

Unknown said...[Reply]

Thanks Kristine!!

Unknown said...[Reply]

Thanks Kristine!!

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved