Tuesday, October 16, 2012

After School Snacks and Healthier Halloween treats!

My kids love that I have them a little snack ready for them right when they get home from school.  I find that If I have it prepared and ready for them to eat, they are of course less likely to go searching through the cupboards and grab stuff that isn't that great and isn't going to satisfy their tummies long enough until dinner time. It's fun to think of things to give them, but honestly sometimes I am scrounging to find something real quick because I forgot..haha, I know they will be disappointed if I don't have it ready.  I teach piano directly after they get home from school, so I have no time to prepare it after that. It's gotta be ready and quick.

I made this Banana Bread and they had a slice with a box of raisins and milk when they got home yesterday. Apples with PB or almond butter or yogurt is always a hit. Yogurt with berries and granola.  String cheese and a piece of fruit, cubed ham, olive, cucumber and cheese kabobs.  Be creative and make it fun for your kids, it also teaches them what good snack options are.  Since it's so close to Halloween there are some fun things to do.  

I plan on making this one for them sometime soon.  Cute!

You might remember seeing this on my Facebook page 

Photo: A reader just posted this on my wall and it's so cute that I had to share...little mandarin oranges with pumpkin faces drawn on them. I love this idea for Halloween!
I love it! Not only a great idea to hand out on Halloween, but a fun Halloweenish (is that a word ;) type snack for your kids that they would love.

Honestly my kids do get tired of "Mom's Healthy Stuff" ALL the time..they are my little guinea pigs :)  
They would be surprised if I let them have "candy" when the get home.
Shhhhh...don't tell them that this is "Healthy" Halloween candy! :)

mini-cheesecakes_thumb
can't wait to try some of the fun options.

Can't wait to find some fun stuff for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Do you have some great after school snack ideas or Healthier Halloween treats??


0 Comment Luv:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved