Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Food substitutions and Good Snack ideas

I love Greek yogurt and look at what you can use it for......so much healthier! Yay!


You can still have treats! Why not create a healthier version of treats you love!! Be creative and use moderation always....but who said you can't treat yourself!! You won't even miss the real, but BAD BAD BAD version of it :)


PB2 is powdered.  It comes in chocolate or regular. Yes Please! Chocolate and PB the healthy way....my favorite combination!!  It's Peanut Butter without all the bad stuff.  Great to add to smoothies, mix with a little water to use as a spread.  Such a great option for healthier snacks.  Great for kids (who aren't allergic...my poor daughter, we love PB in this house! But she still likes almond butter and soy butter) Check out the site find recipes and other good for you peanut products as well.

I love Regular Peanut Butter, but look at this little chart below:
(hello look at all the calories you'll be saving with PB2 and you'll still get to have your treat)
Traditional Peanut Butter vs. PB2
                                                                                            
Traditional
PB2
2 Tbsp – 190 calories
2 Tbsp – 45 calories
Calories from fat - 130
Calories from fat – 13
Saturated fat – 3 grams
Saturated fat – 0 grams
*If you do Weight Watchers it's only 1 points plus per 2 tablespoons. 
You'll also find a recipe index on the site. Very cool!

I'm always looking for some good snack options, especially things to offer my kids so they don't get bored with my same Health snacks I make them eat :) We are trying to eat more healthy as a family and I'm trying to cook better and offer my hubby and kids only healthy but good snacks. Check out these good recipe substitution ideas and snacks. I love them!


80 Healthy recipe substitutions

"Eat this, Not That"


25 super snacks with 100 calories or less from Web MD


Have a great day!

1 Comment Luv:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...[Reply]

Thanks for sharing. I love Greek yogurt too. I have been using the Fage and loving it!

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved